Uses KitchenAid® K400 Blender.
- 3 Tbsp. grapeseed oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes (with their juice)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soft)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups cremini mushrooms (finely diced)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley (to serve)
- 16 oz. pasta (such as fettuccine, or 4 zucchinis, spiralized)
- To make the bolognese, warm 2 tablespoons of the oil in a wok or large pot over medium-high heat, and sauté the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Transfer half of the onion and garlic mixture to the blender, and add 1 teaspoon of the salt, vegetable broth, canned tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, thyme, oregano, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until the sundried tomatoes are pulverized.
- Throw the cauliflower into a food processor fitted with the S blade, and pulse until you have very tiny pieces just larger than rice (the size of ground beef).
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories430Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes