This summery side salad features the perfect contrast between crunchy cucumbers and onions and a silky sour cream dressing. For the most beautiful color and tender texture, look for Persian or English cucumbers, which have thin skin. In the mood for fresh corn? Feel feel free to add a cup of cooked corn kernels. The recipe, which makes 4 cups, is a Yummly original created by Katie Workman.
- 1 lb. Persian cucumbers (or English cucumber)
- 1/2 cup red onion (very thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill (minced, plus dill sprigs for serving)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives (minced)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Thinly slice cucumbers and onion about 1/8 inch thick. Mince dill and chives. Zest lemon and squeeze juice.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, minced dill, chives, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper in a serving bowl. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you like.
- Add cucumbers and onion to bowl and toss well. Cover salad and refrigerate 1-5 hours for cucumbers to soften a little and flavors to meld.
- Distribute feta over salad and toss again. Transfer salad to a serving bowl if you like, and scatter a few small dill sprigs on top.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories130Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes