This dinnertime favorite is easy to make, feeds a crowd, and is great for making ahead or freezing. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- nonstick cooking spray (for baking dish and meat sauce)
- 1 lb. ziti
- tsp. salt (for pasta water)
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for meat sauce)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for meat sauce)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (for meat sauce)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (for meat sauce)
- 4 cups marinara sauce (4 cups is about 36 oz.)
- 24 oz. low-moisture ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for ricotta mixture)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for ricotta mixture)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (for ricotta mixture)
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning (for ricotta mixture)
- 12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz. is about 3 cups)
- fresh parsley (optional, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the ziti to the water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, 9-10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a large colander, and rinse thoroughly with cold water. While the pasta cooks, prepare the meat sauce.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories600Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes