Green Chili Turkey Burgers with Chipotle MayoYUMMLY
No time to fire up the grill? Switch on the broiler instead to create these juicy, spicy, Mexican-inspired turkey burgers. With a zippy chipotle-lime mayo and tender brioche buns, they’re the perfect antidote to a boring burger. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Danielle Moore.
- cooking oil spray (or vegetable oil)
- 2 cans diced green chiles (4 oz. per can, well drained)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 lb. ground turkey (not turkey breast)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 4 brioche hamburger buns (or other large hamburger buns, plain or seeded)
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- Preheat oven to broil with a rack set about 3 inches from heat. Lightly oil a sheet pan (not nonstick) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together green chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt, and coriander. Add ground turkey, cilantro, and green onions and mix gently but thoroughly. Form into 4 patties about 1/2-inch wider than the buns you’re using and place on the sheet pan. (The patties will be quite moist but will firm up as they cook; oil your hands if needed to keep them from sticking.)
- Broil turkey burgers, turning once, until browned and cooked through in center, about 6 minutes per side. Leave broiler on.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories270Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes