®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.
Grilled Mediterranean Flatbread DinnerYUMMLY
Grilled Mediterranean Flatbread Dinner
This vegetarian all-in-one meal hits the spot anytime you’re looking for a fresh and easy summertime recipe. Halloumi cheese, vegetables, and flatbreads cook in batches on the grill. A zesty vinaigrette made with store-bought hummus completes the Mediterranean vibe. If you can’t find long flatbreads, feel free to use 4 smaller flatbreads or naan bread instead. And if you can’t find halloumi cheese, you can substitute feta, but don’t grill it. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Make hummus vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together hummus, vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, and the oregano. Add 1 to 2 tsp. water to reach a good drizzling consistency. Season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (400°-450°F).
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and set aside (you won’t be grilling them). Cut halloumi into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut zucchini into long 1/4-inch planks. Peel onion and slice into rings about 1/4 inch thick. Brush flatbreads and halloumi with olive oil, using about 2 Tbsp. Put zucchini and red onion in a large bowl, toss with the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill grate using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels (and oil the grate again before grilling halloumi). Grill vegetables, flatbread, and cheese, in batches, with the lid closed: Grill zucchini and red onion, turning once, until tender and grill marks appear, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan. Grill flatbread and halloumi, turning once, until grill marks appear, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to the sheet pan.
- Arrange grilled vegetables and halloumi on flatbreads. Top with olives, tomatoes, and arugula. Drizzle flatbreads with hummus vinaigrette, and cut into pieces before serving.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories1050Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.