The crowd-pleaser known as Mississippi pot roast features a beef chuck roast cooked with ranch dressing, au jus mix, and pepperoncini peppers until the meat is meltingly tender and flavorful. This oven-braised version is extra-easy. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 4 lb.)
- 1/2 packet au jus mix (1/2 oz. per 1/2 packet)
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix (for seasoning meat, 1 oz. per packet)
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix (for sauce, 1 oz. per packet)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 12 whole pepperoncini peppers (from the jar)
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini pepper juice (from the jar)
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Set a large Dutch oven or oven-safe pot over medium-high heat and add the butter.
- Pat the beef dry with paper towels, then place it on a large plate and coat on all sides with the au jus mix and ranch seasoning. Reserve any excess seasoning that does not stick to the beef on the plate.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes