With only 15 minutes of active cooking time, this bold and spicy dish is an easy way to liven up your weeknight dinner menu. Recipe by Brittany Conerly.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- ginger root (1-inch piece, minced)
- 1 lb. beef (chuck, stew meat, or skirt steak, medium diced)
- 4 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 serrano chile (sliced)
- 1 cup Thai basil (or Basil, thinly sliced (chiffonade))
- 1 cup beef broth
- 5.4 oz. coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 red bell pepper (small, thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (small, thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 lime (juice of)
- 1/2 cup cashews (toasted)
- mint (torn, for serving)
- basil (torn, for serving)
- Add olive oil, garlic, and ginger to a skillet over medium-heat. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until aromatic.
- Add beef and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned. Add in the red curry paste, serrano chili, and basil. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in beef broth and coconut milk and give it a stir. Bring to a simmer, then add the kosher salt, red and yellow bell peppers, brown sugar, and lime juice. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes over low heat, until the beef is tender.
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt or additional lime juice as needed, and serve with toasted cashews and fresh torn mint and basil.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories450Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes