With a buttery shortbread crust, warm spiced apples, and crunchy brown sugar streusel, these apple bars have all the flavors you love in pie, with a fraction of the work! The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened, for crust)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed, for crust)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (for crust)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for crust)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (for crust)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (for crust)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (for streusel)
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed, for streusel)
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar (for streusel)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (for streusel)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (for streusel)
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves (for streusel)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for streusel)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted, for streusel)
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (for filling)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (for filling)
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar (for filling)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (for filling)
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg (for filling)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves (for filling)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the crust, place the softened butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl and use a fork to combine. Add the flour and cinnamon, and continue mixing until a soft dough forms. Transfer the dough to the baking pan.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories380Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes