Beef and Black Bean Slow Cooker ChiliYUMMLY
This super easy chili is wonderfully rich and flavorful, with just the right amount of spiciness and the perfect ratio of meat to beans. Chunky salsa, a splash of balsamic vinegar, and classic chili seasonings (chili powder, cumin, and garlic) create a depth of flavor that is sure to please everyone. Feel free to change it up and stir in 2 cups of cooked macaroni for a family-friendly dish. The recipe, which makes 6 1/2 cups, is a Yummly original created by Roxanne Wyss and Kathy Moore of The Electrified Cooks.
- nonstick cooking spray (or a little vegetable oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz per can., undrained; or use regular diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup salsa (chunky style)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can black beans (15.25 oz. per can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- avocado (sliced; optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- fresh sliced jalapeños (or sliced pickled jalapeños or cilantro sprigs; optional)
- Spray a 4- to 6-qt. slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Finely chop onion.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes; drain. Transfer beef and onion to the slow cooker.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, salsa, tomato juice, beans, chili powder, vinegar, cumin, and granulated garlic.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on Low, stirring occasionally, until chili is simmering and flavors have melded together, about 6 hours.
- Ladle chili into bowls. Top with avocado, cheddar cheese, and jalapeños, if you like.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories450Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes