If yours is a pasta-loving family, this recipe is one you'll be enjoying all year long. The tomatoes are pan-roasted and slightly sweetened to pair perfectly with herby pesto, chicken, and fresh mozzarella. And if you made Easy Shredded Chicken Breast Hack, the recipe will come together in a snap. Just add a simple salad, and dinner is done! Note that if you'd like the pasta bake to be extra-cheesy, just go up to 1 pound of mozzarella balls. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes, halved)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
- 1 cup pesto (refrigerated or jarred)
- 8 oz. fresh small mozzarella balls (mini, ciliegine size; use 16 ounces if you'd like it extra cheesy)
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente; drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a medium saute pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the halved tomatoes, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar. Sauté until tomatoes begin to soften and release their juices, about 3 minutes.
- Gently toss together pasta, tomatoes, chicken, pesto, and mozzarella and spoon into the prepared baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake until cheese melts and pasta is warmed through, 20-25 minutes. Scatter fresh basil leaves on top if you like.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories430Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes