Chile-Rubbed Grilled Pork ChopsPORK
Chris Schlesinger, chef and author, loves the versatility of chops and the endless options to be creative with rubs, marinades and sauces like in this recipe. Chris the co-author of eight cookbooks, including Thrill of the Grill (1990), License to Grill (1997), and Let the Flames Begin (2002). Serve with salad topped with avocado slices.
- 4 boneless sirloin pork chops (about 6-oz each, 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 jalapeno chilies (seeded, very finely minced, about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
- Stir together jalapeno, sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar together in small bowl. Wearing disposable gloves, rub mixture over all surfaces of chops. Place chops in single layer in shallow dish. In large measuring cup, stir together all marinade ingredients; pour over chops, set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Chop preparation:
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Remove chops from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill chops over direct heat, turning once, to medium doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side,until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories90Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes