Goat Cheese Mousse CrostiniKITCHENAID
Toast up slices of your favorite french baguette, slather it with this tangy goat cheese mousse and then top each crostini with warm toasted nuts and fresh herbs. (A drizzle of Balsamic Caramel (see Chef’s notes) really takes these to the next level, too.) They make for bite-sized perfection! Uses KitchenAid® Hand Mixer.
- 2 1/4 cups goat cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary (chopped fine)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (or port)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. shallot (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (small)
- 1 French baguette (sliced into 1/4” thick rounds)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. flake salt (preferably Maldon)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- Special Equipment: spatula; rimmed baking sheet; baking rack; pastry brush; thermometer; fine-mesh strainer
- For the goat cheese mousse: In a medium mixing bowl, add 2 1/4 cups goat cheese, ⅓ cup of the heavy cream, rosemary, lemon zest, and black pepper. Fit the KitchenAid® 7-Speed Hand Mixer with the turbo beater attachments. Place the beaters into the goat cheese mixture and turn to speed 2. Mix until just combined, then gradually increase to speed 4 and cream for 2 minutes, or until the goat cheese is light and creamy. Use a spatula to scrape down the bowl and beaters as needed during the mixing process. Once the mixture is creamy, turn off the mixer and remove the turbo beaters.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the remaining ¾ cup heavy cream. Fit the hand mixer with the whisk attachment. Place the whisk into the cream and turn to speed 4. Whip until the cream begins to thicken, about 1 minute, then increase to speed 7 and whip until soft peaks form, another 35-45 seconds. Turn off the mixer.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories130Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes