Greek Halloumi, Vegetable, and Quinoa BowlsYUMMLY
Greek Halloumi, Vegetable, and Quinoa Bowls
These Greek-inspired grain bowls contrast cool and refreshing tomatoes and cucumbers against warm grilled vegetables and cheese, all with a bright lemon-dill dressing. For a pretty presentation, arrange each ingredient separately over the quinoa. Or simply mix everything together if you prefer. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Rinse quinoa well in a fine strainer. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add quinoa and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and quinoa forms tiny spirals, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside, covered.
- While quinoa cooks, grate 1 tsp. zest from lemon. Squeeze 2 Tbsp. juice. In a small bowl, whisk together 6 Tbsp. olive oil, the lemon zest and juice, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- Heat a grill pan or a large cast-iron skillet or nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Brush onion, zucchini, and halloumi with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Grill onion and zucchini in batches until tender, turning once, 3-4 minutes per side; reduce heat if vegetables start to brown too quickly. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. dressing. Grill halloumi, turning once, until soft and grill marks appear, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Divide quinoa among serving bowls. Top with zucchini, onion, halloumi, cucumber, tomatoes, and chickpeas. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories700Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.