Green Beans with Crunchy Lemony Panko BreadcrumbsYUMMLY
This green bean recipe is just the ticket when you need a simple vegetable side dish that’s a little “extra.” A garlic-and lemon-seasoned panko topping takes less than 5 minutes to make and adds a crunchy texture that takes green beans to a whole new level. Though the topping is quick, the breadcrumbs also keep nicely if you want to make them a day or few hours ahead. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- 2 lb. green beans (stem ends trimmed)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Combine green beans, broth, lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large frying pan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until green beans are tender-crisp, 5-7 minutes. Transfer green beans to a serving platter. Wipe out the frying pan.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat and add garlic. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add panko and lemon zest. Cook, stirring frequently, until panko is toasted, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then sprinkle over the green beans.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories130Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes