Grilled Pork and Goat Cheese CrostiniPORK
This knife-and-fork sandwich can be the centerpiece of an elegant summer luncheon. Serve with assorted pickles, cherry tomatoes, melon wedges and fresh grapes.
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 loaf french bread (halved lengthwise and cut into 2 6-inch pieces)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. garlic (and herb flavored goat cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1/4 cup italian salad dressing
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill, banking coals. Grill chops directly over heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Thinly slice pork chops across grain, cover and keep warm.
- Brush cut side of bread with olive oil, grill bread cut side over coals, about 45 seconds, to brown. Spread 1 ounce goat cheese on each toasted bread slice and sprinkle with oregano. Return bread to grill, cheese side up, away from fire. Cover grill for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is heated through. Place bread on serving plates; top cheese with lettuce and then with slices of pork. Drizzle with dressing and serve with knife and fork.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories690Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes