Ground Pork and Pomegranate Lettuce WrapPORK
The freshness of pomegranate and lettuce transforms this light and nutritious meal into a guilt-free choice for those busy nights when you just don’t have much time to cook. These wraps are easy enough for the whole family to join in and make for themselves, also an excellent choice for large gatherings. Ground pork, seasoned to perfection with onions, garlic, and seasonings, wrapped with a fresh lettuce leaf and topped with pomegranate seeds, will give you the crunch you need for a celebration.
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger (grated, peeled)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 3 Tbsp. sherry (or white wine vinegar)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 30 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (fresh)
- lime wedges (optional)
- Combine the sugar and salt in a large bowl. Place ground pork in the bowl and combine the sugar mixture with the meat until fully incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes; overnight will allow for full sweet flavor to develop.
- Preheat a medium sauté pan to medium-high heat, and cook meat mixture until browned slightly and cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Separately, combine well the ginger, garlic, tomato paste, chili paste and all liquid ingredients, and add to the meat to simmer and reduce.
- Divide the cooked pork evenly among the lettuce leaves, or it can be served as a self-serve, and top with green onion, fresh pomegranate and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories390Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes