Heirloom Tomato CrostiniYUMMLY
Multi-colored heirloom tomatoes, creamy ricotta, and fresh basil come together beautifully on these crispy toasts. A drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar makes the flavors pop. For the juiciest tomatoes, look for ones with just a little give to them when gently pressed. If you like, you can bake the toasts and prep the ricotta mixture a day ahead, but wait until the last minute to assemble them. The recipe, which makes 20 crostini, is a Yummly original created by Stephanie Spencer.
- 1 baguette (about 10 oz. and 20 inches long)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (divided)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (divided)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (preferably whole-milk)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb. heirloom tomatoes (multi-colored, medium-size; or a mix with small teardrop or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (preferably small leaves)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut 20 slices of baguette on the diagonal about 1/2 inch thick and 3 to 4 inches long. Set slices on a sheet pan and brush top sides with olive oil, using 2 Tbsp. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1/8 tsp. salt. Save remaining bread for other uses.
- Bake toasts until golden brown and crisp, 10-12 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories300Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes