®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Roasted Chickpea and Sweet Potato Buddha BowlsYUMMLY
Roasted Chickpea and Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls
Healthy, light, and refreshing, these Buddha bowls are seasoned with a mix of sweet, salty, and tangy flavors reminiscent of BBQ seasonings. We tell you how to customize the bowls for picky and more adventurous eaters. (And maybe your kids prefer ranch dressing to apple cider vinaigrette? Go for it.) The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together chickpeas, olive oil for chickpeas, honey, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and salt for chickpeas in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and coat with cooking spray or vegetable oil. On the pan, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and salt for sweet potatoes, and the pepper. Push to one side of the sheet pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and pour chickpeas onto the empty side of the pan. Bake, turning sweet potatoes and chickpeas halfway through cooking, until sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork and both potatoes and chickpeas start to turn brown in spots, about 30 minutes more. If chickpeas start to get too dark before sweet potatoes are done, spoon them out to a bowl.
- While chickpeas and sweet potatoes bake, heat olive oil for quinoa in a medium saucepan until hot. Add the rinsed quinoa and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds to toast quinoa. Add water and salt for quinoa. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, divide quinoa, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas among the adults' bowls and kids’ plates. Add apple slices and spinach to the serving dishes, drizzling the adults' bowls with as much vinaigrette as you like.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories510Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.