Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding CakeYUMMLY
Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
As devils food cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, and a few other ingredients slowly cook together, the cake rises to the top and the pudding sinks to the bottom, forming a creamy, chocolatey layer, almost like a fudge sauce. Consider the dessert the perfect ooey-gooey base for a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Note that you’ll need a 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Whisk together cake mix, sour cream, eggs, water, and oil in a medium bowl until batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat inside of a 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and pour in batter.
- In bowl used for batter (no need to wash it), whisk together pudding mix and milk according to package directions, letting pudding stand about 5 minutes to firm up. Dollop pudding evenly over cake batter.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low until the cake is softly set and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake portion comes out with moist crumbs, about 4 1/2 hours.
- Spoon warm cake into serving bowls and top with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Refrigerate any leftover dessert airtight up to 2 days; microwave portions for 15-30 seconds to warm.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories830Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.