Vegan Black Bean and Rice Bowls with Cilantro VinaigretteYUMMLY
Zesty cilantro vinaigrette elevates a simple vegan meal of chunky veggies, beans, and whole grains to something special. You can use leftover cooked brown rice, or buy it already cooked. The cilantro dressing makes more than you’ll need; save extras to serve on your favorite green salad or tofu dish. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ericka Sanchez.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (sprigs, packed)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 can black beans (1 can is 15 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (or use kernels cut from fresh ears of corn)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt (or use garlic powder plus salt to taste)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (store-bought or leftover)
- Combine cilantro, 2/3 cup olive oil, the lime juice, garlic, salt, and oregano in a food processor. Whirl until smooth, stopping to scrape inside of container as needed. Pour into a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Halve zucchini lengthwise, then slice crosswise about 1/2 inch thick. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Pit, peel, and slice avocado lengthwise. Set vegetables aside. Rinse and drain black beans, transfer to a small microwave-safe bowl, and stir in cumin.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add corn and cook, stirring often, until it begins to brown, 4-6 minutes. Add zucchini, season with garlic salt, and cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp, 5-6 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Put rice in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until hot, stirring once, about 2 minutes. Repeat to microwave beans until hot, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Divide rice evenly among serving bowls. To each bowl add portions of zuchini-corn mixture, beans, tomatoes, and avocado. Drizzle generously with cilantro dressing and serve more on the side. Refrigerate any leftover dressing in a sealed container up to 1 week.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories810Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes