Sour cream and your choice of mild to hot green salsa elevate rotisserie chicken for a quick and super-satisfying burrito dinner. For the perfect golden-brown exteriors, be sure to warm the filling before rolling up the tortillas. This way, all the burritos will need is a few minutes in a nonstick frying pan to get crispy. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ericka Sanchez.
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas (10 inches wide)
- 1/2 cup green salsa (mild to hot, plus more for serving)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken, shredded)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 avocado (firm-ripe; peeled, pitted, and cut into large dice)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (plus cilantro sprigs for serving)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan (preferably 12 to 14 inches) over medium heat. Warm tortillas in pan 1 at a time on each side, turning once, until warm, 30-60 seconds total. Transfer to a work surface, stacking them as you go. Drape tortillas with a towel to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup salsa, the sour cream, salt, and cumin. Stir in chicken until evenly coated. Microwave on high, stirring occasionally, until mixture is steaming and hot to touch, about 4 minutes.
- Set out tortillas side by side and top each with one-quarter of the warm chicken mixture, arranging filling in a rectangle about 3x5 inches that’s about 2 inches from an edge of the tortilla. Top with cheese, avocado, and chopped cilantro. Fold in sides and roll burritos, tucking in tortillas.
- Heat olive oil in the frying pan over medium-low heat. Place burritos in frying pan with seam side down (if they don’t all fit at the same time, heat them in two batches). Cover pan and heat burritos, turning every minute or so, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 150°F and tortillas are crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes total. If burritos start to brown too quickly before filling is hot, reduce heat to low.
- Transfer burritos to a cutting board and cut in half with a serrated knife. Serve with cilantro sprigs and with more salsa.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories710Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes