Zucchini is a savory and sweet vegetable that can be added to many dishes. This recipe for Zucchini Boats with Ground Beef will not only tantalize the taste buds, it also will be a fun dish for the kids. This dish takes only 35 minutes to prepare so it is perfect for a weeknight dinner option. Ingredients include zucchini or squash, onions, ground beef, paprika, pasta sauce, ground basil, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 3 squashes (large zucchini)
- 1/3 cup onion (diced)
- cooking spray
- 200 grams ground beef
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp. basil (ground)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- Cut the zucchinis in half and remove the flesh with a small knife. Place on a microwave-safe plate and cover with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes into the plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes on high. Check to see if tender, repeating until done.
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the ground beef and paprika, stirring until the meat is cooked through and separated into small pieces.
- Add the pasta sauce and the basil and cook for 5 minutes before removing from heat. Set aside.
- Scoop the meat filling into the zucchini shells, sprinkle with cheese, and microwave for 1 minute.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories510Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes